Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's tomorrow at home, but today here.

Yesterday we pushed like hell and did just under 1000 miles. today we did about 550. Tomorrow we're looking at something like 906 to Albuquerque, or a little less to Santa Fe. Either way, we're way ahead of schedule. Also remember that my schedule was that we weren't supposed to hit AZ until Wednesday. My backup schedule, Dad before I left, said 6 days. Clearly we're doing it in four. And honestly, if we didn't decide to have a short day today we could have made it in three. I mean, Sure we're not in San Diego the day after tomorrow, but we could be. It's under 500 miles from Albuquerque to Phoenix, and i believe it's only another 5 hours or so to San Diego (that's according to my sister who lives in AZ). Either way, i think we're gonna hit Albuquerque tomorrow fo sho. Should be awesome. I hear Memphis was awesome, i slept through most of it. I also heard the Mississippi river was disappointing. I slept through that too. I also slept through the middle portion of Smackdown which i was watching at the time, but whatever, it's fuckin' wrestling all you gotta do is watch the PPV's but there just so darn addicting and silly to not watch. So silly infact that i used the word darn. You're welcome internet. Anyway, tonights hotel is superawesome compared to the one in Knoxville. No grandma vibe and i get my own bed, which is awesome. Even awesomer, i have pillows. Two whole pillows! That's two more than i had last night. And that's awesome.

Also, tomorrow we will transcend time once again and enter into the dreaded Mountain Time. I don't know why it's dreaded. An adventure is just not an adventure unless something is dreaded. I guess people dread the south, however, everyone i've met down here so far are pretty much the nicest people ever. My favorite of these people was the asian lady who i held the door for at a really nice rest stop someplace outside of memphis (i think). She said "oh, you're such a gentleman". Picture an old asian woman saying that. Now add that when she said these words she had a deep southern accent. DOES IT BLOW YOUR MIND? It should, because that's how experiences like that are supposed to be, mind-fuckin-blowing. I hyphenated the word fuck into a word that already had the word blow. Shows that my creativity is always intact... as well as my early teens.

We passed by the Arkansas Verizon Arena today and the big electronic sign said WWE RAW! on it and I had to stop Ed from pulling into their parking lot by acknowledging the "9/21" that preceded it. Which means we might be back in Little Rock in september. Haha. Other than that, not much to report. We're leaving in the morning around 6, which should be okay for everyone but Ed who actually has to stay awake through the entirety of the drive. Poor bastard.

I apologize that i'm tired as hell and that it's sort of late and that my brain isn't working chronologically. HOWEVER, we're apparently not supposed to be allowed to book a hotel in Arkansas being under 21. Which is silly. Has no one under that age EVER needed a hotel room? I think they have... or maybe not?
Also, a few miles from here are: the McCain mall, and THE BIGGEST FUCKIN CHURCH YOU EVER SEEN! (i mean that's not a cathedral or some bullshit.) And a Waffle House.

-Ryan "Slut Club" Parker.

PS. the first batch of pitcures are up on my facebook. So if you can access them, which should be most of you reading this, please do so you can see the silliness that we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment